This page lists the numerous obstacles the crew can encounter in the living infinite.
Bubbles[edit | edit source]Giant Bubble will appear and slowly float upward. If your Submarine get's caught in it, it can be transported straight up for quite some time. However, a single shot on the bubble with any projectile destroys it.
Seaweeds[edit | edit source]
Seaweeds currently spawn in all biomes. Their purpose is to slow the submarine down when it gets caught in them. Seaweeds can be destroyed by shooting their anchor point with a single torpedo, this means shooting them where they connect to the rock. Seaweeds have different effects in some biomes.
- In the Atlantic Waters, and the Prehistoric Waters sea weeds spawn a Decapodian about half of the time when destroyed.
Ice Crystal[edit | edit source]
Ice crystals only spawn in the Frozen Waters. There are two forms. All ice crystals take two torpedo shots to destroy.
- The first form is just a ball of ice, it can float anywhere in the water and can be pushed around by explosions, collisions, and enemies.
- The second form is a tall pillar, attached to the rock of the level. Cannot be moved.
- The ice crystal has 20 health and takes two torpedo shots to be destroyed.
Barnacle Mine[edit | edit source]
Barnacle mines only appear in the Infected Depths. They float around, creating a distinct stirring noise when the submarine gets close to it. Upon contact it explodes, causing damage, and spawns a Barnacle Biter about half of the time when destroyed. They also have a small chance of spawning a Barnacle Grabber when destroyed.
Harassers[edit | edit source]
These obstacles only become active when the submarine gets too close. They are hard to notice, and usually blend in with the environment. Most of them will deal rapid damage to the submarine as long as they can hit the submarine. All of these obstacles take 2 torpedo shots to take out.
- In the Atlantic Waters, sea anemones can spawn. These will only disable shields on contact.
- In the Cursed Waters, oysters can spawn. These clams have the shortest range of this type of obstacle, they bite if the submarine comes too close.
- In the Dark Depths, bobbit worms will spawn, these worms have the longest reach out of all the wall obstacles, but otherwise behave the same as the harvesters.
Stoppers[edit | edit source]
These obstacles will latch onto the submarine, or pull them in, immobilizing the submarine completely until they are taken out.
- In the Infected Depths, Barnacle Harvesters will spawn. They look like a normal barnacle in a rested state, but will rapidly lash out with a skeletal hand if the submarine gets too close. They take two torpedo shots to take out.
- In the Volcanic Depths, Tube Worms will spawn. They can be either short or tall. The tall ones take 3 torpedo shots to take out whilst the short ones only take 2. They spawn a tube worm inside the submarine which cannot harm players, killing this tentacle releases the players, and kills the tube worm outside. Alternatively, the shooting the tube worm outside until it dies, kills the tube worm inside.
- In any biome, giant bubbles can spawn. These bubbles will capture the sub, and need to be shot to release the sub again, this also works when no torpedo is loaded. Enemies and obstacles can pop bubbles, and they will sometimes pop when hitting the ceiling if unoccupied.
Volcanic Vents[edit | edit source]
In the Volcanic Depths, vents can spawn. These vents will periodically shoot out gas, which damages and propels the submarine. When shot, the vents will open, and shoot out gas much more frequently. These vents are indestructible, shooting them only makes them more dangerous. Enough speed, timing, and sometimes torpedo boosting is needed to get past some vents.
Flowers[edit | edit source]
In the Prehistoric Waters, flowers can spawn. These flowers have a ranged attack, and take 4 torpedo shots to take out. There are two variants
- The purple flower is the most lethal, shooting out a purple seed that deals 2 hits to the submarine. Having two points of energy allocated to the shield is the only way to successfully tank the hit without causing a breach. Unknown what happens if the submarine gets hit whilst no shields are on.
- The yellow flower shoots out a spiked seed that bounces off walls, causing a single hit of damage upon contact.
CamoPus[edit | edit source]
In the Dark Depths, CamoPus can be found hiding in rock form against the walls. If disturbed, either by shooting it, or when the submarine gets too close, it will come out of hiding and attack. Shooting the CamoPus before it is disturbed will not make it lose any health due to its rock armor.